The Versatility of the 2017 Acura RDX in South Calgary
With a designer’s touch and a watchmaker’s precision, the Acura RDX has been relaunched in anticipation of 2017. And you’ll find it here at Silverhill Acura, your source for luxury autos in Calgary, Alberta.
Now with three trims to choose from—RDX, TECH, and ELITE—the 2017 Acura RDX is making a strong case for why it should rank atop the small crossover segment. With room for five passengers, a two-way remote starter key fob, and one of the most impressive arrays of electronic safety features ever combined in one package, you better not test drive the new RDX unless you’re prepared to be immediately won over by what will surely be the new standard in family luxury
Of course, our South Calgary dealership will continue to offer previous model year versions of the RDX in our Used Vehicle Inventory. But for additional information and specs on the available trims of the new 2017 Acura RDX crossover, please explore our online Acura showroom.
3 RDX Trims to Choose From
- Remote-activated power tailgate
- Power moonroof with sun visor and tilt feature
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- Pushbutton start
- 8-way power adjustable driver seat with lumbar support
- 18″ wheels
- 7-speaker 360-watt Premium Sound System with SiriusXM & more
- Jewel Eye LED headlights and taillamps
- 2 additional colours: Basque Red Pearl and Obsidian Blue Pearl
- Two-way remote engine starter
- Leather-trimmed seats
- 2nd-row heated seats
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Blind Spot Monitoring and Cross Traffic Alert System
- Acura Navigation System, including Voice Recognition
- Power folding side mirrors
- 10-speaker ELS Surround 410-watt Premium Audio System
- 18″ aluminum alloy wheels with RDX Elite design
- Fog lights
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Auto-dimming side mirrors
- Ventilated front seating
2017 Acura RDX – Push for Performance
Each new 2017 RDX SUV crossovers comes with a 3.5L i-VTEC V6 engine that delivers 279 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of hill-crushing torque—an already powerful RDX is even more potent than it has ever been. Each powertrain is completed with a 6-speed automatic transmission and standard AWD, a system that also allows for saving fuel as it can shut down half of its cylinders during low-intensity intervals, like highway cruising. Lastly, steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters give drivers a better sense of the beast in the belly of this new crossover from Japan’s sportiest luxury automaker.
2017 Acura RDX – Interior Refinement
Given how much attention is placed on office chairs these days, it’s no wonder that a forward-thinking automaker like Acura would put just as much attention into the seats for the vehicle you will be enjoying every day for years to come. The 8-way power-adjustable front seats offer a heated and comfortable cushion, with adjustable lumbar support and available perforated leather to eliminate stickiness on hot days. Need to vent? Rear seat vents have been added for 2017 as an available perk. Elsewhere, the 5-seater RDX spoils its occupants with 2,178 of available cargo sprawl (rear seats folded), and an available 410-watt surround Premium Audio System to shower you in rhythm and sound.
One final flourish we’d like to draw your attention towards is the available one-touch power moonroof standard across the line. At a push of the button, it automatically opens up the skies along the expanse of the vehicle, allowing all passengers to bask in the breeze, or else to draw the sliding shade, a sun-dampening blind across the roof of your RDX.
2017 Acura RDX – AcuraWatch Advanced Active Safety Features
It’s a fair comparison to say that owning a 2017 Acura RDX in 2015 is like attending the hottest restaurant in town five years before your friends and family get the chance. It’s loaded with so many advanced active safety features that you’ll wonder why it’s taking other automakers so long to catch up.
AJAC thinks so. The country’s most esteemed automotive review body has awarded the AcuraWatch Drive Assist Features with this year’s award for “Best New Technology.” Here are three of its main components, each of which incorporates a sophisticated network of cameras and radars to help you avoid the types of collisions most often caused by distraction or driver error:
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Save your calf muscles from fatiguing on long highway trips as the RDX maintains the proper interval between itself and the vehicle ahead, even as speeds adjusts.
- Lane Keeping Assist: One of two complementary technologies in the crossover that monitor when you are drifting out of your lane, alerting the driver with both audible and visual signals.
- Forward Collision Warning: Incorporating some of the same technologies as the Adaptive Cruise Control system, this innovation is able to recognize an imminent collision with the vehicle ahead, automatically engaging the brakes to mitigate the impact of a collision, or possibly even prevent one, entirely!
2017 Acura RDX – ACE Body Structure
As the turtle that cracked the egg knows well enough, not all shells are created equal. The same is true for the optimized body structure of the Acura RDX. Standard across all Honda and Acura vehicles, the Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure is designed to evenly distribute collision energy away from the passenger compartment, while at the same time minimizing damage towards other vehicles. Four grades of steel work in tandem to bend or crumple in certain key areas, while remaining rigid and unrelenting where it matters most. The effect: When you’re sitting inside a 2017 RDX, you know that any seat is a safe seat.
Acura RDX Parts & Accessories
By no means is your new Acura a finished product. Only once it’s properly equipped with the accessories that best suit your lifestyle, can it truly be called your own. Silverhill Acura offers the upgrades you’re sure to want most for your new RDX, whether that’s a roof rack or towing kit to bring along your other favourite toys, cargo organizers to keep your interior tidy, or the woodgrain accessories and diamond cut, 18″ alloy wheels that signal to the fashion forward that you’re a force to be reckoned with. Order your Acura parts online for even faster service and installation.